Title: Emergency Medical Technician – EMT
Pay Rate: $22.50 – $25.50 per hour, based on experience
Location: West Berlin, NJ
Employment Types Available: Full-time and Part-Time
Full-time Benefits: Medical, Dental, and Vision (with company contribution), Paid Time Off, 401K, tuition reimbursement opportunities
Bonuses: $7,000 sign on bonus for full-time and shift differentials!
About the position: As an EMT, you will transport and care for clients transported to various appointments, hospitals, schools, and facilities. As an EMT, you are responsible for the safety and well-being of clients during transportation to their destination and will comply with all state, local, and company policies and procedures applicable to your level of training. If you are motivated to be a part of an expanding health care environment, then we are your ticket to a rewarding career. Exceptional Medical Transportation, as a part of parent nationwide company DocGo, is going to be on the front lines to new services and innovative patient care in New Jersey. Come join us and grow along with some of the best EMTs and Nurses around!
- Collaborate with your fellow EMTs and management to assure top tier patient care.
- Be flexible as emergency services operate on a 24-hour clock – your work shift schedule may vary due to the nature of the business.
- Remain up to date with current standards of care, including equipment functions and uses and all certifications, licenses and registrations as well as be familiar with company policies/standards, and as such, be familiar with and comply with rules at major receiving client/facility locations.
- Conduct yourself in a courteous, helpful, and professional manner when dealing with patients, co-workers, supervisors, and the public and project a professional image and attitude
- Recognize and treat any medical condition with appropriate techniques, equipment, and knowledge of all State and County protocols and perform basic life support procedures under Department of Health regulations.
- Move patients in a safe manner, particularly when moving up and down stairs
- Be familiar with safe lifting and moving techniques and be physically/mentally fit for performance of job duties.
- Operate and drive the ambulance in accordance with safety policies and laws, showing due regard for all applicable State and Regional Regulations (DMV & DOH), and always drive in a safe and responsible manner
- Be familiar with maps and capable of navigating in all response areas of the company.
- Assume responsibility for cleanliness of vehicle on a daily basis; stock the rigs; perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection. Make sure that all utilized equipment is replaced at the end of shift, including the replacement of oxygen tanks. Inspect and report any vehicle damage or malfunction. Must refuel vehicle.
- Gather patient billing information and appropriate billing signatures.
- Prepare and submit a pre-hospital patient care report.
- Respond promptly to assignments as required by the Dispatch Center and have a working knowledge of the company communication systems and communication policies and procedures.
- The employee must be able to walk varying distances through facilities and outside in all types of weather while pushing/pulling the stretcher. The employee is also responsible for carrying equipment which weighs approximately 10 to 30 pounds.
- Other tasks as assigned
- NJ EMT State Certification, or NREMT (minimum)
- Valid NJ Driver’s License (for at least 2 years) and an acceptable driving record
- Valid Provider BLS certification
- Must be able to lift, push and pull 150 lbs. or more
- Must successfully complete the company’s orientation and training.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
EEO/AAP Statement: DocGo is an equal opportunity employer. We acknowledge and honor the fundamental value and dignity of all individuals. We pledge ourselves to crafting and maintaining an environment that respects diverse traditions, heritages, and experiences. DocGo is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
The above-noted job description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned but rather to give the applicant a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of this position. As the nature of business demands change so, too, may the essential functions of the position.