Last Updated 1/17/2023
Scope of this Policy
- DocGo, Inc. and our affiliates, including Ambulnz Holdings, LLC and Rapid Reliable Testing, LLC (collectively “DocGo,” “we,” “us,” “our”).
- DocGo’s online properties, including our websites, and websites or mobile applications that link to it, and our social media pages or handles.
- Information collected when you use or access DocGo’s services under docgo.com, app.docgo.com, other docgo.com subdomains, or when your information is submitted for use of the DocGo software application or mobile applications (collectively, the “Services“).
This Policy applies when you interact with us through our Services. It also applies anywhere it is linked. It does not apply to third-party websites, mobile applications, or services that may link to the Services or be linked to from the Services. Please review the privacy policies on those websites and applications directly to understand their privacy practices.
We may change this Policy from time to time. If we do, we will notify you by posting the updated version.
A Note About Your Health Information
We collect health-related information, such as medical history, services, or treatment received, directly from you or from third parties who need to disclose it to us to in connection with our Services.
Different privacy laws protect your health information. For example, in the United States, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”) and similar state laws govern your protected health information (“PHI”), which we may collect when you receive health care services from us. In Europe, the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) protects “information concerning health.” In all cases, we provide you with a notice and obtain your consent to process health-related information.
This Policy generally describes how we collect, use, and disclose health-related information. For information about how we process PHI specifically, find out more here.
Information We Collect
We collect information from you directly, from the devices you use to interact with us, and from third parties. We may combine information from the Services together and with other information we obtain from our business records. We may use and share information that we aggregate (compile to create statistics that cannot identify a particular individual) or de-identify (strip information of all unique identifiers such that it cannot be linked to a particular individual) at our discretion.
Information you give us
You may provide the following information to us directly:
- Contact and professional information, including name, email address, telephone number, and job title, as well as company name and size.
- Demographic information.
- Health information, including, medical or treatment information. To the extent we collect health-related information, we will obtain your consent before collecting it.
- Audiovisual information, including recordings of events.
- Transactional information, including services provided purchased or subscribed to and the billing address.
- Content you may include in survey responses.
- Information contained in your communications to us, including call recordings of customer service calls.
- Information you make available to us via a social media platform.
- Information pertaining to newsletter subscriptions.
- Information you submit to inquire about or apply for a job with us.
- Files information. Such as the contents of the files you upload to our Services. We may need to access your file system to allow you to upload documents.
- Images and Video information. Such as the contents of the images and videos you upload from you image library. We may need to access your image library to allow you to upload images.
- Any other information you submit to us or upload to our Services.
Information we collect automatically
We and partners working on our behalf may use log files, cookies, or other digital tracking technologies to collect the following information from the device you use to interact with our Services. We also create records when you make purchases or otherwise interact with the Services.
- Device information, including IP address, device identifiers, and details about your web browser.
- Analytical information, including details about your interaction with our website, app, and electronic newsletters.
- Geo-location Information, such as precise or approximate location determined from your IP address or mobile device’s GPS depending on your device settings.
- Diagnostic information, including web traffic logs.
- Advertising information, including special advertising and other unique identifiers that enable us or third parties working on our behalf to target advertisements to you. Please be aware that our advertising partners may collect information about you when you visit third-party websites or use third-party apps. They may use that information to better target advertisements to you on our behalf.
- Business record information, including records of your purchases of products and services.
The following is a list of our partners who collect the information described above. Please follow the links to find out more information about the partner’s privacy practices.
|Partner||Information Type Collected|
|Adobe Fonts/Typekit||Device information; Analytical information|
|Microsoft Bing||Advertising information|
|Microsoft Clarity||Device information; Analytical information; Geo-location Information|
|Google Analytics||Device information; Analytical information; Geo-location Information|
|Google Ads / Doubleclick||Advertising information|
|Google Firebase||Device information; Analytical information; Geo-location Information; Diagnostic information|
|Heap||Device information; Analytical information; Geo-location Information|
|Hubspot||Device information; Analytical information; Geo-location Information; Advertising information|
|Mixpanel||Device information; Analytical information; Geo-location Information; Advertising information|
|Sentry||Device information; Diagnostic information|
|Zoho||Device information; Analytical information; Geo-location Information; Advertising information|
Information we collect from other sources
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources when you create an individual patient account with us or when our corporate client discloses data about you to us.
- Contact information, demographic information, and information about your interests, from consumer data providers.
- Information about your interests, activities, and employment history from social networks and other places where you choose to share information publicly.
- Information about your interaction with advertisements on our Services, or ads that we place on third party websites, from online advertising companies.
If you decide to invite others to the Services, we will collect your and the other person’s names, email addresses, and/or phone numbers to send an email or text message and follow up with the other person. You agree that you will obtain the other person’s consent before giving us his or her contact information. You also agree that you will not send us the contact information of a minor. We will inform any other person you invite that you gave us his or her information in the invitation email.
We may collect the following information about you from third-party sources in the course of providing Services through one of our corporate clients.
- Contact information and demographic information.
- Information relating to medical history, services, or treatment received. To the extent this information is PHI, our Notice of Privacy Practices governs it.
How We Use Your Information
We may use any of the information we collect directly from you for the following purposes.
- Service functionality: To provide you with our products and services, including to take steps to enter a contract for sale or for services, process payments, fulfill orders, send service communications (including renewal reminders), and conduct general business operations, such as accounting, recordkeeping, and audits. Our lawful bases for processing personal information in connection with this purpose are to perform our agreement with you, our legitimate business interests. If we collect health information, we will obtain your consent.
- Service improvement: To improve and grow our Services, including to develop new products and services and understand how our Services are being used, our customer base and purchasing trends, and the effectiveness of our marketing. Our lawful basis for processing personal information in connection with this purpose is our legitimate business interests.
- Personalization: To offer you recommendations and tailor the Services to your preferences. Our lawful basis for processing personal information in connection with this purpose is our legitimate business interests.
- Advertising and marketing: To send you marketing communications, personalize the advertisements you see on our Services and third-party online properties, and measure the effectiveness of our advertising. We may share your information with business partners, online advertising partners, and social media platforms for this purpose. Our lawful basis for processing personal information in connection with this purpose is our legitimate business interests. We will seek your consent where necessary to send you marketing communications.
- Security: To protect and secure our Services, assets, network, and business operations, and to detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate our policies or be fraudulent or illegal. Our lawful basis for processing personal information in connection with this purpose is our legitimate business interests and to comply with law.
- Legal compliance: To comply with legal process, such as warrants, subpoenas, court orders, and lawful regulatory or law enforcement requests and to comply with applicable legal requirements. Our lawful basis for processing personal information in connection with this purpose is to comply with law.
We may collect information from you via our corporate clients. If we do, we may use any of the information we collect from corporate clients for the same purposes as above. In addition to our lawful bases of processing, we process such information according to our contract with our corporate client.
How We Share Your Information
We may share any of the information we collect with the following recipients.
- Affiliates: We share information with other members of our group of companies.
- Service providers: We engage vendors to perform specific business functions on our behalf, and they may receive information about you from us or collect it directly. These vendors are obligated by contract to use information that we share only for the purpose of providing these business functions, which include:
- Supporting Service functionality, such as vendors that support event registration, customer service and customer relationship management, application development, postal mailings, and communications (phone, email, and fax).
- Auditing and accounting firms, such as firms that assist us in the creation of our financial records.
- Professional services consultants, such as firms that perform analytics, assist with improving our business, provide legal services, or supply project-based resources and assistance.
- Analytics and marketing services, including entities that analyze traffic on our online properties and assist with identifying and communicating with potential customers.
- Security vendors, such as entities that assist with security incident verification and response, service notifications, and fraud prevention.
- Information technology vendors, such as entities that assist with website design, hosting and maintenance, data and software storage, and network operation.
- Marketing vendors, such as entities that support distribution of marketing emails.
- Payment processor providers, such as vendors that support payment card processing.
- Healthcare Providers: We may share or receive your contact information and other health information to facilitate communications between you and such other healthcare providers, on behalf of the patient and facility transfer providers.
- Business partners: From time to time, we may share your contact information with other organizations for marketing purposes
- Government entities/Law enforcement: We may share information when we believe in good faith that we are lawfully authorized or required to do so to respond to lawful subpoenas, warrants, court orders, or other regulatory or law enforcement requests, or where necessary to protect our property or rights or the safety of our employees, our customers, or other individuals.
- Other businesses in the context of a commercial transaction: We may change our ownership or corporate organization while providing the Services. We may transfer to another entity or its affiliates or service providers some or all information about you in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, acquisition, sale of assets or any line of business, change in ownership control, or financing transaction. We cannot promise that an acquiring party or the merged entity will have the same privacy practices or treat your information as described in this policy.
We use a combination of physical, technical, and administrative safeguards to protect the information we collect through the Services. While we use these precautions to safeguard your information, we cannot guarantee the security of the networks, systems, servers, devices, and databases we operate or that are operated on our behalf.
Your Options and Rights Regarding Your Information
Your Account: Please login to app.docgo.com to update your account information.
Email Unsubscribe: If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us or wish to opt out of future email promotions from us, please use the unsubscribe link in the email or contact us by emailing email@example.com with your specific request. Please note that all promotional email messages you receive from us will include an option to opt out of future email communications.
Ad Choices: You have options to limit the information that we and our partners collect for online advertising purposes.
- The following industry organizations offer opt-out choices for companies that participate in them: the Network Advertising Initiative, the Digital Advertising Alliance, and the European Interactive Digital Advertising Initiative.
- You may use our cookie settings menu.
- You may contact us directly.
If you exercise these options, please be aware that you may still see advertising, but it will not be personalized. Nor will exercising these options prevent other companies from displaying personalized ads to you.
If you delete your cookies, you may also delete your opt-out preferences.
Jurisdiction-specific rights: You may have certain rights with respect to your personal information depending on your location or residency. Please see “privacy disclosures for specific jurisdictions” below. Please contact us to exercise your rights.
Special Information for Job Applicants
When you apply for a job with us, we may collect information from you, including:
- Information you provide in connection with your application.
- Information that you make available in your social media accounts.
- Information about you that is available publicly.
- Information that you authorize us to collect via third parties, including former employers or references.
In certain circumstances, you may submit your application for employment through a third-party service that displays our job posting. We do not control the privacy practices of these third-party services. Please review their privacy policies carefully prior to submitting your application materials.
Other Important Information
We may store information about you for as long as we have a legitimate business need for it.
Cross-border data transfer
We may collect, process, and store your information in the United States and other countries. The laws in the United States regarding information may be different from the laws of your country. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law.
Information about children
The Services are intended for users age eighteen and older. We do not knowingly collect information directly from children. However, we may gather information from parents, guardians, or teachers about their children when we provide our Services to them. In such instances, the parent/guardian is providing such information. If we discover that we have inadvertently collected information directly from anyone younger than the age of eighteen, we will delete that information. Please contact us with any concerns.
Privacy Disclosures for Specific Jurisdictions
European Economic Area, United Kingdom, and Switzerland
We process “personal data,” as that term is defined in the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Your rights under the GDPR: Users who are located in the European Economic Area (“EEA”), U.K., or Switzerland have the right to lodge a complaint about our data collection and processing actions with the supervisory authority concerned. Contact details for data protection authorities are available here: http://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located in the EEA, U.K., or Switzerland, you have the following rights.
- Access and Portability: Request access to personal data we hold about you or request transmission of your data to a third party.
- Correction: Request that we rectify inaccurate or incomplete personal data we store about you.
- Erasure: Request that we erase personal data when such data is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, when you withdraw consent and no other legal basis for processing exists, or when you believe that your fundamental rights to data privacy and protection outweigh our legitimate interest in continuing the processing.
- Restriction of processing: Request that we restrict our processing of personal data if there is a dispute about the accuracy of the data; if the processing is unlawful; if the processing is no longer necessary for the purposes for which it was collected but is needed by you for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims; or if your request to object to processing is pending evaluation.
- Objection to processing: Object to processing of your personal data based on our legitimate interests or for direct marketing (including profiling). We will no longer process the data unless there are compelling legitimate grounds for our processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms, or for the purpose of asserting, exercising, or defending legal claims.
- Transfers: Obtain information about and a copy of the safeguards we use to transfer personal data across borders.
Please contact us to exercise these rights.
Your California Privacy Rights; “Shine the Light” Law
California residents are entitled once a year, free of charge, to request and obtain certain information regarding our disclosure, if any, of certain categories of personal information to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. Please contact us to obtain this information.
We do not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
California Consumer Privacy Act
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) provides California residents with rights to receive certain disclosures regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of information about them, as well as rights to know/access, delete, and limit disclosure of personal information. You have the right to be free from discrimination based on your exercise of your CCPA rights. To the extent that we collect personal information that is subject to the CCPA, that information, our practices, and your rights are described below.
Notice at Collection Regarding the Categories of Personal Information Collected
You have the right to receive notice of the categories of personal information we collect and the purposes for which we use personal information. The following table summarizes the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of sources of that information, and whether we disclose or sell that information to service providers or third parties, respectively. The categories we use to describe personal information are those enumerated in the CCPA. We collect this personal information for the purposes described in “how we use information.”
|Category||Information Type||Source||We disclose to:||We sell to:|
|Identifiers||You; our social media pages; third party subscription service providers||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Health Information||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Protected Classifications and Other Sensitive Data||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Commercial Information||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Geolocation Information||You; our analytics and advertising partners||Service Providers||Advertising partners (coarse location only)|
|Internet or Electronic Network Activity Information||You; our analytics and advertising partners||Service Providers||Advertising partners|
|Audio, Electronic, Visual, Thermal, Olfactory, or Similar Information||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Professional or Employment-Related Information||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Education Information||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Content of Communications||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
|Content of Communications||You||Service Providers||Not sold|
Entities to whom we disclose information for business purposes are service providers, which are companies that we engage to conduct activities on our behalf. We restrict service providers from using personal information for any purpose that is not related to our engagement.
Entities to whom we “sell” information are third parties. Under the CCPA, a business “sells” personal information when it discloses personal information to a company for monetary or other benefit. A company may be considered a third party either because we disclose personal information to the company for something other than an enumerated business purpose under California law, or because its contract does not restrict it from using personal information for purposes unrelated to the service it provides to us.
Your rights under the CCPA:
- Opt out of sale of personal information: You have the right to opt out of our sale of your personal information to third parties. To exercise this right, please visit our Do Not Sell My Personal Information webpage or contact us. Please be aware that your right to opt out does not apply to our disclosure of personal information to service providers.
- Know and request access to and deletion of personal information: You have the right to request access to personal information collected about you and information regarding the source of that personal information, the purposes for which we collect it, and the third parties and service providers with to whom we sell or disclose it. You also have the right to request in certain circumstances that we delete personal information that we have collected directly from you. Please contact us to exercise these rights.
We may offer you the opportunity to participate in special promotions and programs from time to time. Your participation is voluntary. If we provide this offer, we will obtain your consent to collect your Personal Information in connection with your participation.
The program we offer may qualify as a financial incentive program (FIP) under California law. Our good faith estimate of the value of your Personal Information is the revenue that we generate as a result of the marketing activities we undertake with the information you provide in connection with the FIP.
Residents of the State of Nevada have the right to opt out of the sale of certain pieces of their information to third parties. Currently, we do not engage in such sales. If you are a Nevada resident and would like more information about our data sharing practices, please contact us.
Contact information, submitting requests, and our response procedures
Telephone: (844) 553-6246
Mail: 35 W 35th St, 6th Flr, New York, NY 10001
Making a request to exercise your rights
Submitting requests: You may request to exercise your rights by making a request using the contact information above.
If you are a California resident, you may authorize another individual or a business registered with the California Secretary of State, called an authorized agent, to make requests on your behalf.
We may have a reason under the law why we do not have to comply with your request, or why we may comply with it in a more limited way than you anticipated. If we do, we will explain that to you in our response.
Verification: We must verify your identity before responding to your request. We verify your identity by asking you to provide personal identifiers that we can match against information we may have collected from you previously. We may need to follow up with you to request more information to verify identity.
We will not use personal information we collect in connection with verifying or responding to your request for any purpose other than responding to your request.